[LMB] Milkweed and mutations

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 06:17:35 BST 2019

From: Gretchen Wright <gretchen.m.wright at gmail.com>

Some snippage.....

...... take me back to my childhood. What about fireflies? (I can't
remember without looking what terms for them is used in the book. We called
them lightning bugs growing up.) IIRC they don't exist west of the Rockies
in North America. I'm not sure about other continents.

Gwynne: I've never seen one. I know what they are, I've read books that
mention them, heard songs, etc - for a long time I didn't really believe they
existed, but apparently they do. Most of the Aussie fauna doesn't light up.