[LMB] Genetic engineering

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:21:14 BST 2019

If "the law" is "what the dictator wants to be law," that is not lawful,
that is chaotic.  In totalitarian dictatorships, it's perfectly possible to
find yourself under arrest for behavior that was legal shortly before.
This goes as far back as the French Revolution, where not keeping up with
the latest turns and twists of politics could lead to a date with Citoyenne
Guillotine.  (I know that most people refer to the National Razor as
"Madame" or "Mademoiselle," but since she's a good revolutionary, I feel
"Citoyenne" is more appropriate.)