[LMB] Genetic engineering

Richard Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sat Oct 12 12:19:44 BST 2019

 Lenin, Stalin, Mao (and others of that political clan) ignored the Law to create their terror - the Consitiution of the USSR was one of the most comprehensive documents ever written; Lenin and Stalin both ignored it to order imprisonment and executions.

Hitlers' tribe of smiling maniacs _did_ try to obey the Law; they held a conference (the Wansee Conference) to create a legal structure that would authorize the seizing of property and authorizing execution of the political enemies of the Reich. That makes them Lawful Evil - 'We may kill people wantonly, but we've got a law to allow it!"

    On Saturday, October 12, 2019, 1:09:17 AM CDT, Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Fri, Oct 11, 2019, 7:41 PM Richard Molpus <rgmolpus at flash.net> wrote:

>  Neither Lenin's or Stalin's Russia or Mao's China should be considered
> Lawful Evil; All three were Chaotic Evil, as there was little rule of Law.
> People could be taken from the streets, 'Tried' and sent to prison on the
> whim of the ruler; with no evidence offered about a crime.

If the law allows such abuses, the people enacting them are acting
lawfully, not chaotically. And yes, the laws are unfair, cruel, and
arbitrary. But that doesn't mean they're not lawful, just-- *waves
expansively at the word EVIL*

Luke
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk