[LMB] Genetic engineering

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Oct 12 13:22:53 BST 2019

> On Oct 12, 2019, at 12:08 AM, Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If the law allows such abuses, the people enacting them are acting
> lawfully, not chaotically. And yes, the laws are unfair, cruel, and
> arbitrary. But that doesn't mean they're not lawful, just-- *waves
> expansively at the word EVIL*

Of course, lots of laws (and life) are neither perfectly good nor perfectly evil.   And laws that are successfully good for most can be bad for a few.

And characteristics such as sociopathy and psychopathy appear to depend upon the societies that define them, and are variable within those societies.   How much spanking or beating of underlings has been acceptable or encouraged by society hasn’t been a constant.    Biologically, we haven’t changed since popular entertainment was hangings.   Society does change us.