[LMB] Genetic engineering

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Oct 12 13:35:56 BST 2019

Oh, yes. The idea that virtues always have two opposites - too much and too little - is really a good rule of thumb, and no more so than the example you just gave, "There is cowardice, there is courage, and then there is foolhardiness."

It's even true in love as well as in war. There is cold-heartedness, true love, and then the kind of doting where you lose your common sense over your beloved(see any tabloid or gossip column!)