[LMB] Milkweed and mutations

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Oct 13 01:20:33 BST 2019

On Oct 11, 2019, at 2:09 PM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

>> On Oct 11, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
>>
>> (It's always interesting to read English fantasy when English is not
>> your native language: you never know what things are real and what are
>> invented.  I remember thinking "soda fountain" was a weird SF-nal
>> invention back when I first read Heinlein.)
>>
>> Marius Gedminas
>
> Ah yes. It’s now an anachronism. Star Beast reference? The Star Beast was raising John Thomases.
>
> How Bobby got that one through the censors, I never know. Like I’ll never know how the elephant
> got into Groucho’s pajamas

A restauranteur couple we knew named their first/only child ‘John Thomas’, and I kept my mouth firmly shut. Thomas was the father’s name, no idea about the John.

BTW, they had no problems with babies and small kids at their moderately high-end restaurant: in their experience, drunks and other rowdy adults were much more and more often disruptive and destructive.

Get an elephant into a pair of pajamas? Why, he wove through warped shuttles, of course.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala