[LMB] Genetic engineering

Tidsel tidsel at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 13 12:51:40 BST 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:42 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Richard Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
>
> Lenin, Stalin, Mao (and others of that political clan) ignored the Law to create their terror -
>
> Gwynne: The truly terrifying, and sad, thing is that none of these people
> saw themselves as evil.

Nobody see themselves as evil. It is very hard to define 'evil' in a way that Everybody can agree on.

They didn't wake up one morning and decide to
> cause widespread misery just to enjoy it. They all thought that they were
> right, and what they did was necessary, or even good. Most of them fell
> into the worst excesses step by small step, without planning to go that far.

I do not think you are right here. They knew exactly what they were doing, or tried to do. They just thought it was the right thing.

> I wonder if any of them ever had a moment when they looked back and
> realised what they'd done, and what they'd become.

I seriously doubt that..