[LMB] Soda Fountains and "Egg Creams"

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 18:31:09 BST 2019

I remember when I read *Harriet the Spy* and wondering what in the world an
egg cream was; Harriet loved them.

Paranthetically, I finally found out where *Harriet the Spy* is
set---Harriet's home is in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.  I puzzled and
puzzled over that when I read the book, back in about fifth grade---I'm not
at all familiar with NYC, not on a personal level.