[LMB] No lefties

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 01:44:41 BST 2019

On 10/8/2019 2:43 PM, WalterStuartBushell wrote:
> OB:bj Barrayar repeated the mistake of contemporary India and China in
> preferentially keeping male children.
> (Which actually is apropos the point of the thread.)

To be honest, if we had ever had kids, I would have preferred to have
daughters. I know how to raise a girl - no idea really what a boy needs,
not being one.

I had heard it commented that with a boy you only have to worry about
his dick, with a girl it is all the boys pricks ... Rob and I discussed
as a concept [we do a lot of what if discussions on long drives] in
raising a girl, and we determined we would take her to an OB/GYN at
menarch and give him blanket permission to discuss anything she wants,
give her any tests they want to do at any time, give her any birth
control she wanted. I would rather have her experiment with protection
available than blindly work on myth and folklore shared on the
playground. If she didn't want to discuss it with me, maybe she would
with a nurse/doctor... =)

---