[LMB] Genetic engineering

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 02:34:09 BST 2019

On 10/12/2019 8:11 PM, Eric Oppen wrote:
> As I understand it, PG&E can't clear brush and trees away from its power
> lines, for reasons.

What freaking reasons, they clear brush and trees here in Connecticut
every summer ... last summer it was our street, and it will be again in
2 years. After the kerfluffle a while ago when it came to light that as
road crews 'aged out' they simply were not being replaced, which ended
up having to bring in loaner road crews, and we didn't have power at the
farm for almost a month. Somehting like they had fewer than 10 road
crews left staffed for the entire state.

I know that if we were already in Nevada I probably would have been
running rescue missions picking up fen and bringing them home til teh
whole power issue was over or they managed to secure generators [I
highly recommend this cute little biolite solar panel and battery deal I
picked up - mine is to only recharge phones, but they have one for
around 2K that is 4 smaller panels and a larger battery pack that would
be OK for running a CPAP or ox concentrater - I do know once we are
there we are getting enough powerwall backup to run the entire
establishment for 48 hours and the solar panels accordingly. I don't
want to ever have to go without air conditioning, I can not deal with
being too hot thanks to some screw up in my brain wiring. Cold I can
deal with. On the plus side, Dyer is almost 15 degrees cooler than Vegas
and has an almost constant pleasant breeze coming down off the Sierras.

---