[LMB] On ADHD

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Mon Oct 14 05:36:30 BST 2019

I know it exists. I just need to see Hazel on a day when a parent has forgotten her medication. Or late afternoons when we got up at 3:00 am for balloons and her medication wore off.
Then there are the meltdowns. Not good for her or anyone around her. In the bad old days, they just said it was a bad kid.
However, schools drop recess and PE and then wonder why kids (mostly boys) have trouble sitting still. Or why more kids are overweight.
I do have some problems with the statistics I keep hearing, namely that 30% of the children are obese. I spend a lot of time with my granddaughters and their classes and while one or two kids are what we used to call “chunky” none are obese. Now part of that may be that the school system or parents here are doing a better job but that would be a first. It seems to me that either their methodology is wrong or their definitions.

William A Wenrich