[LMB] On ADHD

Jason Long sturmvogel66 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:20:41 BST 2019

The definition of obese has changed in concert with the method of measuring
it. It is always a PitA to accurately measure body-fat percentage (usually
involves dunking tests or electrical resistance) and the medical industry
decided to switch to body-mass index which is a simple calculation using
only height and weight to define obesity. Said calculation ignores body
types (mesomorph, ectomorph, etc.) and activities like weight lifting which
create a lot of dense muscle mass. So a guy with 4% body fat is judged as
obese as a couch potato who is genuinely obese with 32% body fat simply
because they're the same height and weight.