Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:36:20 BST 2019

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

I know a left-handed guitar player who strings his guitar ?backwards?.   This doesn?t make sense to me as guitar players need to be facile with both hands, like piano players.

Gwynne: I (used to) play the piano. I wanted to play guitar. I tried two
different places, one after the other. Each time I was told just what you
said, that both hands work, that using the guitar just like right-handers
will give me an advantage because the left does so much precise work...
And EVERY TIME I picked up that damn guitar I held it as if I was going
to strum with my left hand, then had to turn it around.

I never learned to play the guitar.

Paul McCartney plays the guitar left-handed. He did rather well.