[LMB] On ADHD

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:48:00 BST 2019

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:59 AM H. Torrance Griffin <htgriffin at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> A lot of those who claim that sincere cases of Attention Deficit
> Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder do not exist cite the
> lack of occurrence in the Good Old Days.  I take it as given that many of
> those written off as "incorrigible" had medical issues we would note today.

So what ARE the medical issues?
Psychiatric diagnoses are names given to symptomatic categories whose
criteria are often ignored in practice.  People are irrational, and they
will accept things due to persons *having a condition* that they would
reject, otherwise.  So people with problems that historically faced
disapproval, rejection, and censure are understandably very unwilling to
look critically at those conditions.

Matt "but they're still all meekrob" G.