[LMB] No lefties

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 02:59:05 BST 2019

What my mother would have chosen would have been "Whizzer White, the
sequel."   Even though I got perfectly good grades, and was never in danger
of flunking out of school, from the moment she found out about my IQ she
had a mania for pushing me through school faster than the system was set up
for.  I'm still bitter about a lot of the things she did.  Her meddling
with my education is one of the reasons I've been trapped in this goddamned
dead-end small town for my whole life, will never be able to marry or have
kids of my own, and am pretty thoroughly embittered with life.  (I'm not
saying that was the only reason that this has happened, but it was a major
factor IMO.)

Also thanks to her, my instant reaction to someone piping up with "I have
an idea!" is "Oh JESUS, SPARE ME!"  And that's only because I'm not allowed
to tell them, with the tip of my sword tickling the underside of their
chin, that while I will listen to their idea, if it goes pear-shaped, I
will accept NO responsibility, and if I say "No!" that means "NO!"