[LMB] Birthday Tixie for October 15

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 13:49:14 BST 2019

Two gorgeous birthdays to celebrate today! Jean Lamb,
tixie-in-chief, and Jerrie Adkins, filker and purveyor of
knowledge extraordinaire, we hope you have the loveliest
of days today!

 The Bujoldian Poetry Appreciation Society and Glee Club
have gathered this evening to perform a concert for our
ladies, and of course, we’ve got poetry readings!

 Jean, a seventh son who moved to Vorkosigan District when
he was quite young, was pleased to volunteer a limerick for you.
George Vormontague may have been thinking more of himself
than you, but at least he stuck to his promise to keep it family
friendly. (But of course, if you want an X-rated version, I may be
able to arrange something offlist.)

There once was a young man named George
Who hailed from Dendarii Gorge.
With roses he’d woo,
And maple mead too!
Oh, the bonds of love Georgy did forge!

 Jerrie’s poem is from Learned Razael (who has been listening to
some Betan classical music – Rolling Stones to be precise), and
he writes an ode to the Bastard in blank verse:

 The white-clad Bastard hears the whispered yes,
The midnight bargains, hours of desperate pleas.
The Bastard moves in mysterious ways,
And brings not what you want, but what you need.

 And since George has brought both roses and maple mead, and
Learned Razael has brought some fresh Canton Blanc cheese,
we all sit down to a evening of song and nibbles!