[LMB] Milkweed and mutations

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 01:33:37 BST 2019

On Monday, October 14, 2019, 10:15:00 AM GMT+9, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

The United States is divided vertically along a line roughly along the
100th parallel of latitude.  East of that, it's fairly well-watered and
agriculture is practical; west of that, at least east of the Cascades and
other coastal ranges, it's a lot drier, more mountainous and more thinly
populated.  When I've gone on road trips out West, I can always tell when
I've left my native Midwest and entered the true West.

> Micki
Oh, yes, all those little towns that say "Town X: Gateway to the West!"

I lived in one of those gateway towns, so I think we may have had fireflies
depending on how wet the year was.