[LMB] OT: Breaking News?really?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:33:41 BST 2019

=From: anmar Caver <anmar.mirza at gmail.com>

> Gwynne: You seem so nice, and intelligent. At first. But, sadly, YOU ARE
> ABSOLUTELY BATSH*T INSANE!!!!
> NOBODY in their right mind... nobody would go back into a cave after
> the FIRST earthquake in a cave.

*chuckles*
Well, geologically speaking, many caves are probably the safest places you
can be in an earthquake. Most caves have been around for hundreds of
thousands to millions of years and have endured numerous earthquakes. We
have collected data on earthquake damage in caves in this area from when
the New Madrid fault cut loose in 1812 by looking at broken formations we
used isotopic dating on, and we find very minor damage correlated to that
time period.

Gwynne: You have collected data from the caves that survived the quake.
Not all the ones that squashed flat like a pancake when things started shaking.
Rumble.... SPLAT!!!
​