Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:23:42 BST 2019

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 3:01 PM Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Etiology" is a ten-dollar medical synonym for "cause".  VERY few
> conditions have "no etiology".

You're harping on trivia because you can't defend even the most basic
aspects of your position.

 My sweetie says that that's simply not the case.  She has seen many ADHD

> people in her practise.  The diagnosis is generally easy to confirm: you
> give
> the jittery, constantly-moving person a stimulant.  Caffeine will do.  If
> they
> become less jittery, they have ADHD.  If they don't calm down, they don't.

Then your sweetie is incompetent.  That method was demonstrated to be
invalid in the mid-90's.  It's particularly untrue with children, in whom
most common 'stimulants' act as depressants.  It's called "paradoxical
effect".

> >> This is, in fact, not the case.
> > You don't understand what a 'genetic condition' is, either.
> >> T1D may not be *solely* genetic, but genetics plays a strong role.
> >There are no diseases - of any kind - where genetics do not play a strong
> > role.
>
> Scurvy.  Measles.

We develop scurvy because we've lost the genes for ascorbic acid
synthesis.  And measles is an infectious viral disease whose tranmission,
severity, and duration is significantly influenced by individual genetic
factors.

As you say, Duh.

I'm writing you off as an idiot.

Matt "pearls before swine" G.