[LMB] Musical genetics and Elizabeth Cotten

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 04:20:02 BST 2019

On Thursday, October 17, 2019, 01:56:15 PM GMT+9, Brian Ross Ashley:

(snip)

After marriage and motherhood she gave up the guitar for 25 years. After
various vicissitudes she was hired by a Washington family as a
housemaid, after helping the little girl of the family find her mother
in a department store.

The little girl was Peggy Seeger. Working in the Seeger household
prompted her to take up her music again ...

Micki: I didn't know that part of the story! Fascinating!

Peggy Seeger wrote the one about wanting to be an engineer, and
also the space girl one that was covered and animated by Imagined
Village. (I believe Marc recommended it years ago, and I often