Lois Aleta Fundis loisaletafundis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 04:38:50 BST 2019

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 9:37 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
>
> I know a left-handed guitar player who strings his guitar ?backwards?.
>  This doesn?t make sense to me as guitar players need to be facile with
> both hands, like piano players.
>
> Gwynne: [much snipped]
>
> Paul McCartney plays the guitar left-handed. He did rather well.

And more than one bio of Sir Paul that I have read notes that he learned to
play on a guiitar made for right-handers but "upside down", since
apparently no one in Liverpool, that he knew of, had or had even heard of
such a thing as a left-handed guitar! And for much of his career, ias a
Beatle, he played bass which only has four strings.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in rock history, Jimi Hendrix was also left handed. He
did OK too.
--
Lois Aleta Fundis
loisaletafundis at gmail.com

"No one you have ever been and no place you have ever gone ever leaves you.
The new parts of you simply jump in the car and go along for the rest of
the ride." -- Bruce Springsteen