Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Oct 18 13:27:51 BST 2019

> On Oct 17, 2019, at 11:45 PM, baur baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>
> afaik there is also some indication that some of this is based on generel genetics. it seems that people with a mostly east asian genome have a different reaction to alcohol than people with a western europeran one - and i dont think this is mostly driven by cultural differences ..

I don’t care for being high, but I don’t know how much of that is physical and how much is psychological.    Late in life, my mother has learned to like the effects of her wine.   My Dad liked wine, but I don’t remember him ever having more than a glass or two (and not every day).

I am sure I could like the taste of fine Scotch—but I’m cheap, I don’t *want* to acquire a taste for fine Scotch.