Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 06:14:04 BST 2019

On 10/18/2019 1:49 AM, Eric Oppen wrote:

> If I were younger and out to make a name for myself in the sciences, I
> might do a study on alcoholism starting with throwing EVERYTHING we THINK
> we know about it overboard, junking value judgements about "willpower" and
> starting like it was something totally new under the sun, and see what I
> got.

I think that is an excellent idea. I know I have the whole redhead gene
thing where the little blue NSAID [maprosyn] is about as effective as an
M&M for me, but diclfenac 1% gel is a godsend, but for my friend
Philippa it is about as useful as vaseline. She was one of the guinea
pigs for osteo knee pain.

I have to wonder if that is why I do well drinking. I can absentmindedly
swill my way through a bottle of schnaps over an afternoon [and when I
realize I have done it, I have to shoot up with extra insulin to
compensate. Very bad practice] but I don't really get tipsy, and it
metabolizes *fast*.]

---