[LMB] On ADHD

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Oct 19 17:06:07 BST 2019

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Pat Mathews <MATHEWS55 at msn.com> wrote:
>
> What is prosopognosia? If that means having trouble pinning names to faces and vice versa, I have that. Once when my son-in-law said his mother would be picking me up at the airport, he had no idea why I asked what she'd be driving, or why it mattered? Well, because I can recognize things like "A light green Toyota with California plates." I wasn't sure I could pick her out of the crowd.

Oliver Sachs wrote a lot about prosopagnosia, because he was a neurologist who suffered from the condition.

Along of course with many other people with neurological abnormalities, like the man who mistook his wife for
a hat, but had great musical ability.

One of the bad effects is that people get angry because you don’t recognize them or recognize people you don’t
know.  (Don’t ask me how I know it would be redundant.)

OB:WGW Like blaming someone as lazy because they have tapeworms.

—
Alfred Adler—“Do the wrong thing or feel guilty, but not both.”