[LMB] OT: Nice Things About Brooklyn....

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 10:47:31 BST 2019

From: Rebecca Price <becca7108 at gmail.com>

May I put in a vote for SE Michigan, specifically the Ann Arbor area? We're
not in a tornado path, and just at the tip of the New Madrid fault, plenty
of trees but no real fire hazard, plus University of Michigan and good
schools. We're far enough inland that we don't get much in the way of
hurricane lash. And good and plenty of fresh water, if you don't mind
having to filter the iron out of it. Winters aren't as bad as most other
places in Michigan, but close proximity to the Upper Peninsula and other
wonderful wilderness areas.

Gwynne: This, and all of the other suggestions, are fine, but let's get real.
If you want to move to an area that's geologically stable, with good weather
and no problems with earthquakes, etc: Move to Australia!  No terrible
winters, lovely stable ground, wonderful place. Pack your bags today!