Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:34:05 BST 2019

From: Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com>

On 10/17/2019 8:47 AM, Pat Mathews wrote:
> Sounds reasonable. Though I've heard a sweet tooth sometimes goes along with the tendency to become alcoholic. Coffee instead of sweets?

Good question, I have not got a sweet tooth [but you better lock up your
salt and vinegar tater chips!] ....

Gwynne: Although I like a lot of savoury things, I've never been able to
eat salt and vinegar chips. I blame that on trauma from my childhood...
Every year we spent part of the Christmas holidays (high summer for us)
on my aunt's farm. It was hot. Really hot. (And no silly indulgences like
air conditioning, of course!) One year when I was ten or eleven I got
heatstroke. (Prettly badly, I was semi-conscious and delirious), that can
be deadly. So my family sprang into action... stripped me, put me in a
darkened room, and covered me with brown paper dipped in vinegar.

I survived (obviously), but it was a long time before I could stand the
smell of vinegar.