[LMB] On ADHD

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Oct 20 20:35:36 BST 2019

> On Oct 18, 2019, at 10:17 PM, Beatrice Otter <beatrice_otter at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> I am probably an ADD adult, but have never been diagnosed. back in the
> 1950s AFAIK they weren't diagnosing it like they do now.

I have mixed feelings about diagnosing learning difficulties.   Getting a name for a problem can enable teachers to come up with better teaching strategies.

But… When a label for someone’s learning difficulty isn’t found, teachers *still* need to come up with better teaching strategies.

Labels simplify things.   But simplification isn’t the goal.