[LMB] OT: Coffee, was We've been discussing gene engineering on people...

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 20:52:01 BST 2019

________________________________

I came to coffee-drinking relatively recently; I come from a long
line of tea-drinkers. Now it's tea in the morning, coffee in the afternoon.
The problem is, I rarely drink coffee when I'm out, there's just so much truly
horrendous coffee out there. Tea is safer, they can't really stuff tea up too
much (although Twinings Irish Breakfast is the best, Earl Grey is fine, the rest
is acceptable.) But there's some pretty ordinary instant coffee out there,
and some that's even worse, so unless I see a nice coffee machine lurking in
the kitchen I just go with tea. Yes, sadly, I've realised I'm a coffee snob.

Gwynne, if you're ever in the US, stick with coffee. Most places, they bring you a cup of hot water and a teabag. You have to put it in the cup yourself. The water is never close  enough to boiling for the tea to taste good.  As for iced tea, if you get it in the South, the waitress will ask "Sweet or unsweet?" Sweet tea is hypersweet.  Enough to make my teeth ache, & I LIKE sweet things