[LMB] Nice Things About Brooklyn.... now with obBujold

Gretchen Wright gretchen.m.wright at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 22:37:24 BST 2019

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 5:48 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: This, and all of the other suggestions, are fine, but let's get
> real.
> If you want to move to an area that's geologically stable, with good
> weather
> and no problems with earthquakes, etc: Move to Australia!  No terrible
> winters, lovely stable ground, wonderful place. Pack your bags today!

I have actually had an Australia related fantasy for some time, in case I
ever become independently wealthy. I read in the back cover bio of some
SF/F writer (possibly Jasper Fforde?) that he spends "summers in New York
City, and summers in Sydney."  I thought that sounds fabulous! I don't
actually dislike winter, just darkness, so I would probably go south for
Dec. 1 - Jan. 15 or something like that. Anyone want to home swap with me,
heh, heh?

I have to say those bushfire maps really scare me, though!

ObBujold: How often do you suppose Ekaterin and family visit the southern
continent?

Gretchen