[LMB] OT: Coffee, was We've been discussing gene engineering on people...

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 23:58:18 BST 2019

From: Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com>

Southern waitresses now ask you? That's an improvement. Come to think of it, the iced tea urns in the cafeteria are labeled Sweet and Unsweetened. back in the day, "tea" was tea-flavored sugar water with ice cubes, and "unsweetened" drew a blank look. But then, that was a roadside eatery in Dallas.

Gwynne: The first time I was in the US I ordered a cup of tea and they
brought me something with ice cubes in it. That's when I knew that I
was in a place that was beyond the reach of civilisation.