[LMB] OT: Coffee, was We've been discussing gene engineering on people...

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Oct 21 15:13:31 BST 2019

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 7:31 AM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:
>
>>> And I don't see how or why anyone likes coffee. to me, it is the most
>>> bitter thing I've ever tasted. and I don't like bitter.
>>
>> Both tea and coffee are bitter, but how bitter depends a lot on how it's
>> made and out of what.
>
> And how much cream and sugar you have in it.  I don't drink coffee black
> unless I have no choice.

I very rarely drink coffee.   Occasionally I’ll have some French Press (without cream or sugar) and sometimes I will have a Mocha.   I never thought of coffee as being bitter.    I have tea (without cream or sugar) at Chinese restaurants, and never thought that as being bitter either.

To me “bitter” is when I taste something and have to move my tongue in response (I’m not describing that well).