Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 19:22:52 BST 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 13:12:30 -0500, Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com>
wrote:

>A good friend of mine was diagnosed as an adult and is now on ADHD meds as
>an adult. He is finding them very helpful.

I was diagnosed in my 40s, at my own request: my nephew had been
diagnosed, and I recognised certain behaviours.  I was diagnosed with
mild ADD, and given Ritalin.

My productivity doubled.  I could focus, all the time, not just when
really interested (tipping over into hyperfocus is another ADD trait).

I realised why I'd spent so much of my youth abusing caffeine: I was
self-medicating for ADD.

To this day, I can drink a triple espresso at midnight and go right to
sleep.
--
"To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education.  To accuse onself is a
sign that education has begun.  To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is