Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 19:27:54 BST 2019

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:45:50 +0200 (CEST), baur baur <baur at chello.at>
wrote:

>it is pretty clear that there is a spectrum on how people metabolize alcohol(s) and how their nervous systems reacts to it ..
>
>afaik there is also some indication that some of this is based on generel genetics. it seems that people with a mostly east asian genome have a different reaction to alcohol than people with a western europeran one - and i dont think this is mostly driven by cultural differences ..

There are genes that determine, inter alia, how fast you metabolise
alcohol; there are wide variations and they seem to be
population-specific in the same way that e.g. lactose intolerance is.

On top of that, there's the issue of increasing tolerance.  These two
factors work together, of course: if you don't metabolise quickly, it's
harder to build that tolerance.
--
"To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education.  To accuse onself is a
sign that education has begun.  To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is