[LMB] Milkweed and mutations

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 20:53:44 BST 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 06:12:07 +0800, Sharon Micenko
<wembleyware at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 13 Oct 2019, at 1:39 am, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here in Iowa, we're west of the Mississippi, and fireflies are a common
>> sight in the summer during their mating season.  I don't know if you find
>> them much west of the Missouri, which is Iowa's western border.
>>

>There were lots of fireflies in Oklahoma City, when I lived there. That was 30 years ago, though, and I remember my delight at seeing my first redwing blackbird, after being used to the mono colour version in the UK.

Like European vs American robins, I believe the blackbirds are unrelated
(beyond being birds).
--
The best executive is one who has enough sense to pick good men to do what he wants done,
 and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.  - Theodore Roosevelt