[LMB] Fwd: Fwd: Re: What’s needed

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Feb 1 00:14:48 GMT 2020

If you all want detailed discussions and descriptions of what it takes, Eric Flint's 1632 series goes into great detail, at least on the balloons. Check out a story called Upward Mobility, I think in one of the Ring of Fire anthologies.

BTW, pulp is indeed a way of making paper, and cheaper than rags. But have a look at an old (maybe ca. 1880?) rag-paper book and compare it to one of your old mass market (many c. 1979) paperbacks. Pulp as a medium drives historians mad. Though compared to digital, where much, much data had been lost because nobody can read the medium any more not reconstruct the gadget that could, as, frex, at NASA... nobody thought to save that stuff in archival quality paper!