[LMB] What’s needed

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Feb 1 14:21:20 GMT 2020

> On Feb 1, 2020, at 3:59 AM, Baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>
> based on what one of my turkish co-workers once said - lots of the serious, intellectual thinking and writing did happen not only in arabic script, but also arabic language - this because the (early) universities were islam / religion dominated (just like universities in europe), and the only proper language to discuss religion in was arabic (becasue the koran may not be translated)
>
> servus

Like Latin in Europe connected all the educated men in Europe, Arabic connected the Islamic world,ch
which considered Europe to be an ignorant backwater in need of civilization.

Remember the Ottomans (not those cylindrical footrests) got to the gates of Vienna in Joe Haydn’s time,
hence his “Mass in Time of War”.

—
Of course our planet has its mood swings – it is, after all, bipolar.