[LMB] What’s needed

markus baur baur at chello.at
Mon Feb 3 06:35:05 GMT 2020

Am 03.02.2020 um 06:18 schrieb Damien Sullivan:

>> ballons - hot air or gas are expensive as you need either a good taffeta
>> like material or a rougher material plus paper
>
> Wars are also expensive, and superior surveillance and communication is
> worth a lot in a military context.

yes - but development of ballons did not happen in that context

the hexagon in the 5GU (or versailles in our universe) does not issue a
requirement for a new battlefield surveillance system and requests ideas
and offers - just as the war ministery did not request bids of heavier
than air aircraft from the wright bros. and chanute

the original idea / develoipent was for private sources

servus

arkus

a-1040 wien                     email: baur at chello.at