[LMB] What’s needed

Brian Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:17:14 GMT 2020

On Saturday, 1 February, "Aruvqan"<aruvqan at gmail.com>
wrote in conversation with Harvey:

> We are trying that funky pasta sauce - 1 28 oz can of san maranzaro

> tomatoes [cubed in this case], 5 tb butter and 1 onion halved. Dump it
> all in a pot, simmer, breaking the tomatoes up as they simmer, fish out
> the onion at the end [we chopped and are leaving it in] and add pasta. We
> will see - it smells ok, but I miss the garlic and herbs smell to be honest.

I have a recipe for creamy tomato soup that starts the same way ... I add about a tablespoon of garlic, a pint or so of water, no pasta, simmer the pot for 40 minutes, take it off the heat for ten, and then put it in the blender and puree it. (I saute the onion in the butter until just translucent and then dump in the rest.)