[LMB] Microscopy

markus baur baur at chello.at
Wed Feb 5 19:43:40 GMT 2020

Am 05.02.2020 um 17:39 schrieb Richard Molpus:

snippities est

> A European Wheelbarrow is inefficient, as the user has to support
> much of the load- the design with wheel at one end and user at the
> other means that a second class lever is present, the weight felt by
> the user is a significant fraction of the weight of the load. the
> Chinese Wheelbarrow has the weight directly on the wheel, so the user
> only has to provide stability and motive force. This is much more
> efficient.

a european wheelbarroer is more design for short distance use, with
frequent loadings / unloadings - a chniese wheelbarro for long distance
use with rare loadinmgs / unloadings

snip, snip

> Evidence from painting and illustrations show the Chinese using their
> type of wheelbarrow from 118 AD; There is evidence from Greece that
> they had some sort of single wheel cart in 400 BC.

afaik this evidence is a single entrace in a temple inventory list - a
"monocycle" with no further expalantion, ut there is no aercheological
fund, no description anywhere, no drawing on any vase or wall ..

servus

markus