[LMB] Plot musing on topic

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Feb 5 20:51:37 GMT 2020

> On Feb 5, 2020, at 2:31 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's his oldest brother who runs Jurald Keep.  Assuming things work
> somewhat the way they did in actual Europe, younger sons had very little to
> look forward to - which is part of why they often joined the military or
> the priesthood.  Penric would have likely be considered too scrawny for the
> mercenaries, and I guess he didn't feel a call to the priesthood, so...
> backup heir is all he could really look forward to.
>
> Matt G.

And that’s the reason he married into the cheese baroness family. Money
for rank and vise versa a common story in Europe and Barrayar or any
society with an aristocracy..
—
A unix salesperson, Lenore
Loved her job, but loved the beach more.
She devised such a way
to combine work and play:
She sells C-shells by the seashore.