[LMB] Plot musing on topic

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 23:41:09 GMT 2020

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 19:44:00 +0100, markus baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:

>Am 10.02.2020 um 18:02 schrieb Marc Wilson:
>> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:05:03 -0600, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The younger son of an English noble was still noble, but just did not
>>> (usually) inherit the estate.  In later times, you'd have the eldest son
>>> expected to inherit, while younger sons were slated for the military, the
>>> clergy or the Bar.
>>
>> The little phrase I've heard for the disposition of sons was "Army,
>> Navy, Divinity, Law, Farming, Medicine, Trade."  (the last, presumably,
>> with a little shudder).
>
>i would have guessed navy before army, it is after all the senior service

I can't remember where I came across that, and I've not been able to
find it again.. but Senior Service or no, Army definitely came before
Navy.  The Navy is the Senior Service by virtue of being older, but that
doesn't mean it's more prestigious.
--
As long as men keep thinking with their pricks, women will keep fucking with their heads.