[LMB] Plot musing on topic

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Tue Feb 11 01:37:27 GMT 2020

First of all, I would try to make sure a society had soap or some antiseptic equivalent, then start a religion to where all healers washed their hands. A *lot*. Especially midwives. Even if they had to wash their hands in wine, it would certainly be some kind of improvement. Encourage the worship of a suitable deity who normally oversees that kind of thing and have a vision of how all such midwives need to show their purity etc. (evidenced by the washing of hands) before engaging in such work. I could compose suitable hymns to the practice, given ability with the language and enough idea of how the culture worked.

Well, I would give it a shot.

(There's always the Smothers Brothers' "Soap soap soap soap soap soap soap SOAP!" You know, about eight bars).

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20