[LMB] Plot musing on topic

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:38:39 GMT 2020

You know, a question occurs to me.  The Japanese were always a very cleanly
people; it helped that they had abundant hot springs, and lots of water in
general to bathe in.

What was the rate of death in childbirth or infancy in Tokugawa Japan, and
did it compare favorably with the contemporary West?  The Japanese kept
good records, and I bet someone who could read Japanese could go looking
and find this out.