[LMB] Religion and cultural drift

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 07:25:41 GMT 2020

Some bath houses *were* basically fronts for bordellos.  However, as I
understand it, the medieval Church was, at seventh and last, run by some
very smart, very pragmatic people.  Their view was that all men were fallen
and would sin; their job was to keep sin under control, not eradicate it
from the face of the Earth.  They didn't like prostitution, but considered
it a necessary evil.