[LMB] All things contained in Bujold

Elizabeth ladylyzbeth at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 02:50:15 GMT 2020

On Tue, February 11, 2020 1:10 pm, Howard Brazee wrote:
> Which Bujold characters do you condemn most for being evil?

Cumbia. Well, she comes across as evil to me. She treats Dag and Fawn so
badly. I know he tries to excuse her on the basis of past experiences, but
she just seems locked in her bitterness and unable to get past it.
And Crane - no sympathy there at all!!

I feel sorry for Barr and Remo sometimes, and then at other times I just
want to shake them.
Lily, too. I see Belle as the culprit there - like Cumbia - mothers gone
wrong?

~~~ *Elizabeth W*

*The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs, and explosions,
and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes,
prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record,
prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy; and a thoughtless,
frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the
children, and the children yet unborn. Rod Serling*