[LMB] Plot musing on topic

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 03:36:25 GMT 2020

On 2/10/2020 8:37 PM, Jean Lamb wrote:
> First of all, I would try to make sure a society had soap or some antiseptic equivalent, then start a religion to where all healers washed their hands. A *lot*. Especially midwives. Even if they had to wash their hands in wine, it would certainly be some kind of improvement. Encourage the worship of a suitable deity who normally oversees that kind of thing and have a vision of how all such midwives need to show their purity etc. (evidenced by the washing of hands) before engaging in such work. I could compose suitable hymns to the practice, given ability with the language and enough idea of how the culture worked.
>
> Well, I would give it a shot.
>
> (There's always the Smothers Brothers' "Soap soap soap soap soap soap soap SOAP!" You know, about eight bars).

You know, that would perhaps work =) And now I have the word 'soap'
instead of Hallelulja running through my mind to the tune up piece we
used of the 9 fold Hallelulja. Now I know what I will be singing in the
bath, and get odd looks from Rob until I explain this post to him =)

The making of lye from wood ash, and then the making of soap from
rendered fat, and the choices of 'holy herbs' could be 'initiate' level
info and held strictly secret [and covertly leaked ...] with the known
antiseptic properties of various ingredients, and healing properties of
others, you could have different prayers associated with different
ingredient sets, work in color and 'holiness levels' soap could become
quite the status symbol [I am now thinking of a superfatted olive oil,
frankincinse and colloidal oatmeal bar for those really pesky skin demons]