[LMB] OT: Space Rangers?

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 06:35:25 GMT 2020

On 2/17/2020 9:42 PM, Eric Oppen wrote:
> WHY do people who are not "out in the field" need to wear camouflage?
> Particularly if they work on shipboard?
>
> Yeah, I know---it looks cooler than all-get-out.  But it's about as
> practical as those cuirasses French heavy cavalry wore off to war in 1914.

And the US 'blueberry' Navy camo is *dangerous* because you fall in, you
blend quite well. Personally, if my ass has fallen overboard, I want
people to be able to find and rescue me!

Rob's favorite uniform was the classic 'swabbie' - dungaree [sort of
bell bottom blue jeans] with a blue chambray work shirt.

https://cdn10.picryl.com/photo/1995/01/01/right-enlisted-dungaree-uniform-with-knit-watch-cap-for-men-center-enlisted-6f2b72-1024.jpg

short sleeve, long sleeve and whites all working rather than dress
uniforms ... unfortunately since 1983 the dress white cracker jacks were
made of synthetic instead of cotton.