[LMB] Test, and stirring the pot again.

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Mon Feb 24 22:49:24 GMT 2020

On Feb 23, 2020, at 10:33 PM, pouncer at aol.com wrote:

> Following up on a notion of last month, from _Orphans
> of Raspey_ again,  assume that their late mother was
> in fact a saint of the Mother, and that she at the
> last minute sold her soul to the Dratsub in exchange
> for the promise of safety for her girls. It follows
> SHE was not paralyzed with fear of the prospect of eternity
> in the Dratsub's halls.
>
> But Des - who would seem to hold in a much better
> vantage on the issue - does whimper, curl up, and hide
> at the prospect.

She's not a soul, such as goes to the gods; she's a demon, which is dissolved and becomes less than an elemental when returned to the Bastard's hell.

Of course, her constituent parts, Ruschia and the others, are already in the Bastard's heaven.  But I suppose, theologically, that wouldn't make any difference to Desdemona herself?  Seems like the Five, working together, even if the Bastard couldn't do it himself, ought to be able to do something about not losing an entity like Desdemona.  If a great-souled person shared their soul with her, could she become ... a person? a god?  something more than a demon?  Probably at the price of becoming mortal, as these things usually go.  But if the prize is eventually gaining the immortality of becoming one with the gods ....

Katherine