[LMB] (OT) Miss Fisher's cinematic debut!

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Feb 26 17:57:37 GMT 2020

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020, Raye Johnsen wrote:
> For those of us who are fans of Kerry Greenwood's Miss Phryne Fisher's Murder Mysteries book series, and who have enjoyed the television series, Miss Fisher has just made her cinematic debut!
> Technically it opens tomorrow, but I was lucky enough to get a ticket to a preview this morning.  I am so glad I did, because it's such a fun movie!  I laughed most of the way through it.  I think the best way to describe it is - it's everything we love about the series, writ large upon the silver screen. The sparkling repartee blazes, the action is heartracing, the humour is everything and more.  And the unspoken romantic tension the series built between Jack and Phryne is no longer unspoken!
> I don't know if it will get a cinematic release outside Australia but I really hope it does.
> MISS FISHER & THE CRYPT OF TEARS | Official Trailer | 2020 [HD]

Well, congrats to Kerry Greenwood, and the cast! Glad to see they're doing
so well. (I'm still not happy that they removed Lin Chung from the
televised/filmed stories, though.)

Has anyone seen the 1960s update of this series: Ms. Fisher's Modern
Murder Mysteries? I picked up the DVD of Series 1 from my library and
watched the first episode - a bit on the "cute" side but lots of energy,
and I appreciated the number of strong women in the cast.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison