[LMB] Saints and the Bastard

Lois Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:18:37 GMT 2020

[LMB] Saints and the Bastard
WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Tue Feb 25 13:50:25 GMT 2020

 > On Feb 24, 2020, at 1:13 PM, Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com>
wrote:

 > LMB:  Speaking as the one true god(ess) of this universe: There is
one afterlife, but it has five departments rather than five
compartments.  There is a Bastard’s heaven, where souls who assent are
united to Him and sustained, same as the other gods.

Ah, as I thought there is a monotheism underlying the five gods.

LMB:  Well, not by my notions of monotheism, but whatever.

Although I'm thinking you must be a child of the Father: they are very
fond of tidy ordering and everything properly classified. The god of
mathematicians and accountants, I'm sure.

And possibly of persons with OCD, although that is tidiness gone wrong,
so the Bastard may have His thumb stirring something there.

Ta, L.

...Now thinking of death as the Sorting Hat of the 5GU...